10 Nov 2020
Updated 16 November at 11:05 AM to reflect timetable changes. HN 45 has been moved to the evidence hearings for phase 2 of tranche 1.
Dates: Wednesday 11 November 2020 – Thursday 19 November 2020 (Tuesday 17 November is a non-sitting day)
Start times: Varies; please see the full schedule.
Location: Amba Hotel Marble Arch, Bryanston St, London, W1H 7EH
At these hearings, the Inquiry will hear:
- Oral evidence from eight witnesses (Tariq Ali, HN 329, HN 328, HN 326, HN 336, HN 340, HN 348, HN 345).
- The written witness statement from Ernest Tate read out in full by Nick Stanage and summaries of evidence of nine SDS undercover police officers (HN 218, HN 334, HN 330, HN 321, HN 322, HN 333, HN 339, HN 349, HN 343) read out.
- Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, these hearings will be virtual and conducted remotely.
- Due to national restrictions that came into effect on 5 November, attendance at the Amba Hotel is limited to Core Participants, members of a Core Participant’s legal team and representatives of the media.
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- Media representatives must present valid identification on arrival (media organisation staff pass, National Union of Journalists card, or a letter of accreditation from a media organisation).
- You will need to sign in at the registration desk before each session you wish to attend; for example, if you have registered for the full day, you will need to sign in twice. The registration desk is located at the entrance to the live-stream room.
- If you have not registered to attend the evidence hearings but would like to, please contact email@example.com.
- There is no onsite car parking at the Amba Hotel Marble Arch. The nearest car park is Oxford Street West.
- Each attendee will have a desk, but power sockets are not available.
- A live transcript of the hearings will be streamed on the Inquiry website with a 10-minute delay.
- The Inquiry will endeavour to publish a witness’ accompanying written statement shortly before they begin their oral statement.
- The Inquiry will publish all materials associated with a particular witness as soon as possible after they have finished their oral evidence, had their written statement read out or had summaries of their evidence read out.
- Documents related to deceased officers included in Phase 1 of Tranche 1 will also be published throughout the evidence hearings.
- The live transcripts and links to any associated publications will be available on the respective hearing day pages. Links to these pages are in the ‘Undercover Policing Inquiry’s evidence hearings in November to go ahead’ press notice.
For further information, please contact the Inquiry’s press officer, Graham Buchanan.
Tel: 07585 908612