23 Apr 2021
Dates: Monday 26 April 2021 – Friday 14 May 2021 (Monday 3 May is a non-sitting day, and no witnesses are currently scheduled for Friday 14 May)
Start times: Varies; please see the full schedule.
Location: Amba Hotel Marble Arch, Bryanston St, London, W1H 7EH (Remote access options are available)
At these hearings, the Inquiry will hear:
- Oral evidence from 19 witnesses (Diane Langford, Dr Norman Temple, HN 45, HN 347, Piers Corbyn, Professor Jonathan Rosenhead, Christabel Gurney OBE, Lord Peter Hain, HN 298, Richard Chessum, HN 200, Celia Stubbs, HN 304, “Madeleine”, HN 354, HN 126, HN 96, David Reid, Brian Lockie);
- The written witness statements of Ernest Rodker, “Mary” and HN 13’s widow read out; and
- Summaries of evidence of seven SDS officers (HN 299/342, HN 301, HN 353, HN 351, HN 80, HN 106, HN 155) and HN 300’s second wife.
- Due to restrictions in place as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, these hearings will be virtual and conducted remotely.
- Registration for the Amba Hotel has now closed. However, if you have not registered to attend the evidence hearings but would like to, please contact the Inquiry’s press officer, Graham Buchanan ([email protected]).
- Please arrive at the Amba Hotel at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- You will need to sign in at the registration desk when you first arrive. The registration desk is located at the hotel entrance.
- Media representatives must present valid identification on arrival (media organisation staff pass, National Union of Journalists card, or a letter of accreditation from a media organisation).
- There is no onsite car parking at the Amba Hotel Marble Arch. The nearest car park is Oxford Street West.
- Each attendee will have a desk. Power sockets and free WiFi will be available.
- All materials associated with a witness will be published on the Inquiry website as soon as they begin their oral evidence. Draft transcripts will be published as soon as possible after the morning and afternoon sessions.
- You can also follow proceedings remotely. There will be an audio stream with a 10-minute delay via a Zoom webinar (registration required) and a rolling transcript with a 10-minute delay on YouTube available. For evidence summaries, readouts of written statements and the oral evidence of most civilian witnesses, an audio-visual stream will replace the transcript on YouTube.
- Links to the live streams and any associated publications will be available on the respective hearing pages.
- Further details about the hearings can be found in the following press notice: “Undercover Policing Inquiry’s Tranche 1 (Phase 2) hearings start Wednesday”.
For further information, please contact the Inquiry’s press officer, Graham Buchanan.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 07585 908612