6 Aug 2019
Opening statements and the first evidence hearings are due to start on Monday 2 November 2020. The November hearings will be virtual and conducted remotely due to the expectation that social distancing measures will still be in place at this time. Further information can be found in the Chairman’s statement.
Future open hearings that are able to happen in-person in a hearing room are expected to take place at 18 Pocock St, London, SE1 0BW. This is the hearings venue used by the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Its hearings will not be affected.
The Pocock Street venue provides the following:
- Capacity for up to 16 legal teams in the hearing room;
- Seating for up to 60 members of the public in the hearing room;
- Additional capacity for up to 40 members of the public and media in the adjoining overflow room serviced by a live-link transmission of proceedings (with a short time delay);
- Rooms for witnesses to meet their legal teams and for private consultation;
- A small room set aside for the media;
- Access and facilities for those with mobility issues;
- Publicly available Wi-Fi throughout the venue.
Read more in our hearings protocol.