6 Aug 2019
The first evidence hearings are expected to begin in June 2020, running from 1-19 June and 1-18 September 2020.
The open hearings will take place at 18 Pocock St, London, SE1 0BW. This is the hearings venue used by the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse. Its hearings will not be affected.
The Pocock Street venue provides the following:
- Capacity for up to 16 legal teams in the hearing room;
- Seating for up to 60 members of the public in the hearing room;
- Additional capacity for up to 40 members of the public and media in the adjoining overflow room serviced by a live-link transmission of proceedings (with a short time delay);
- Rooms for witnesses to meet their legal teams and for private consultation;
- A small room set aside for the media;
- Access and facilities for those with mobility issues;
- Publicly available Wi-Fi throughout the venue.
Read more in our hearings protocol.